Re: Those pesky s*bscr*b*/uns*bscr*b* messages

1995-10-17 08:50:56
You wrote:

| I'm getting tired of those pesky s*bscr*b*/uns*bscr*b* message that
| certain "other" mailing lists seem to pass through to the list at
| large instead of capturing them at the list server, like SmartList
| does.
|
| Has anyone come up with a sure-fire method of dropping these extra
| messages, without mistakenly dropping a real message?

Sure fire?  No.  The following do help, although they're often too
broad.  (I use a .safe rule to cover those cases)

        The < 1000 is a useful hueristic.  Its rare that unsubscribe
messages are long.

   * (Delete|u*n*Sub(s| )*| add | leave | help )
   * < 1000
   /dev/null

                                                       -Hume