Re: Using the procmail retrieve recipe to send a non-email file

1995-10-29 18:25:46
Is it possible to invoke sendmail to send the file as a MIME (or BINHEX)
attachment?  Does anyoe have a recipe that would do this? ( My apologies if
its in the MAN pages for while I can understand a lot of what they are
trying to say not knowing what they are trying to do to the server is a fair
handicap.;)

If you have the Metamail package for Unix, you can probably use the
"metasend" command.  Example:

metasend -e "base64" -m "application/x-zip" -s "A zip file" \
  -t "remote(_at_)address" -f "file.zip" -z

You can put this onto a procmail recipe just like any other pipe.

If you don't have Metamail, you can try to construct a MIME message by
hand.  This is not fun.  I refer you to RFC 1422 for the MIME
definition.

BINHEX I have no idea about, sorry.

--
Tim Pickett
tlm(_at_)yoyo(_dot_)cc(_dot_)monash(_dot_)edu(_dot_)au