Not all rules are parsed using 3.11pre4

1995-11-06 04:31:48
Hello,

I'm using procmail 3.11pre4 to split my incoming mail, but I experience the
following incorrect behaviour:

  Having the following in my .procmailrc

        :0
        *
^(from|to|cc|sender|apparently-to):(_dot_)*mail-?server(_at_)knex(_dot_)mind(_dot_)org
        * ^(from|to|cc|sender|apparently-to):.*os2man@
        misc.os2.edm2.SPOOL

  The first rule is used, but if that doesn't match, the second rule is not
  used.

I have a number of these entries in .procmailrc to sort incoming mail from
various people to the same spool file. Now, all but the first of these
rules are used and my inbox is rapidly increasing in size (and more work
for me to move the messages to the correct folders).

Is this a known problem, or can I correct it in a different way (besides
combining the regular expressions)?

Kind regards,

Kees de Bruin.

--
| | __   .-. .-.    Kees de Bruin        Tasking Software BV   B  O S T O  N
|   <  / _ | | _ \  bruin(_at_)tasking(_dot_)nl       +31-33-4 55 85 84   S Y S
T E M S
                                                               O  F F I C  E
Real Users find the one combination of bizarre input values    -----###-----
that shuts down the system for days                            T A S K I N G