Re: Not all rules are parsed using 3.11pre4

1995-11-06 08:00:44
Kees de Bruin asked,

|   Having the following in my .procmailrc
|
|         :0
|         *
^(from|to|cc|sender|apparently-to):(_dot_)*mail-?server(_at_)knex(_dot_)mind(_dot_)org
|         * ^(from|to|cc|sender|apparently-to):.*os2man@
|         misc.os2.edm2.SPOOL
|
|   The first rule is used, but if that doesn't match, the second rule is not
|   used.

That is exactly right.  As the procmailrc(5) man page says, multiple
unweighted conditions on a single recipe are ANDed, and all of them must be
satisfied for procmail to execute the recipe.

If you want to OR two or more conditions, there are several ways to go about
it.  In this particular case, combining the search expressions is the best
way:

*
^(from|to|cc|sender|apparently-to):.*(mail-?server(_at_)knex\(_dot_)mind\(_dot_)org|os2man@)

And are you sure you don't want to use a local lockfile there?  Is the
destination a directory?