Re: FROM_DAEMON problem...

1995-11-13 10:19:35
Albert(_dot_)Koelmans(_at_)newcastle(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk
<Albert(_dot_)Koelmans(_at_)newcastle(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk> wrote:
I am having what looks like a problem with FROM_DAEMON. One of my recipes (an
auto-reply one) fails because of it.

Here's the recipe - it never gets executed:

:0
* !^FROM_DAEMON

[Auto-reply recipe deleted]

And here is the mail message:

From nufc-request(_at_)newcastle(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk  Mon Nov 13 12:38:25 1995

Careful here.  It is good that this fails, because this message is
coming from a mailinglist.  Apparently you're trying to post-process
a diagnostic message coming from a SmartList mailinglist.

Several things:
1. In order to reliably reply to the original sender in question, make
   sure to remove all traces of the mailinglist in originator-fields
   first.  Then check for the !^FROM_DAEMON condition.
2. The thing you're trying to do here will probably be part of a future
   SmartList release.
--
Sincerely,
srb(_at_)cuci(_dot_)nl

"Listen very carefully, I shall only say this once."