Re: emacs interface

1995-11-13 11:06:34
Excerpts from mail: (10-Nov-95) emacs interface by Jens-U H Petersen
First I wondered if there isn't a nice xbiff-like program out there
somewhere for procmail? Is there??

Yes, and a very good one, too. It's called xbuffy, and it can be found at:

ftp://tigger.itc.virginia.edu/pub/src/xbuffy3.2.1.tar.gz

It can be configured so that when an incoming message arrives it will pop up
a little window, displaying the From: and Subject: headers of the message.
You can also make it execute a command when you click on the name of one of
the mail folders. For example, I have mine set to execute a "gnudoit" process
(gnudoit is part of the gnuserv/gnuclient package) that causes my Emacs to
fetch new mail and display the appropriate folder.

But now I think that I really want is a biff-like mode for emacs,
that can tell me easily which of my inboxes have mail waiting, let me
browse the "From:" and "Subject:" fields say and on a keypress take
me into my mail-reader on the relevant VM inbox folder? Hasn't
someone done something like that? It seems such an obvious thing?

Nothing like that exists to my knowledge.

Later,
Ed