Utility to maintain user addresses

1995-12-13 21:26:25
To all,

Hi.  I'm using the attached recipe to grab the user id and user name from
my incoming messages.  As can be expected, this file is getting large since
I do nothing with respect to duplicate user ids.  I was wondering if anyone
out there was also grabbing user ids and if so, what utility(ies) you used
to maintain that file.

I would appreciate any and all assistance in this matter.

Regards.

jte

----- Begin Recipe -----

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
 Grab the mail id for all mail messages that come to me.  Ignore
# POSTMASTER, DAEMON and my own mail.
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------:0
 hwc:
* !^FROM_DAEMON
* !^FROM_MAILER
* !^From.*ellis
| formail -zx From: | gzip >>/home/beijing2/ellis/misc/user_addresses.gz

----- End Recipe -----

 John T. Ellis +86-10-843-7222 |  You can never tell which way the train
  Motorola Cellular - Beijing  |       went by looking at the track.
       ellis(_at_)cig(_dot_)mot(_dot_)com       |