Re: Procmail suggestion for ! recipe action

1995-12-19 08:52:41
Alan Stebbens writes on 18 December 1995 at 19:56:42
Huh?  How hard is it to do this:

   :0fh
   | formail -b -i"Resent-To: xxx"

   :0
   ! xxx

Its not hard, but just a bit more complex than simply
   :0
   ! xxx

many times, and you dislike typing a lot, then write a
{shell,Perl,whatever) to help you create recipes.

which is what I've done.  No problem at all; other than that it requires
droping out of procmail.

If you don't like typing the word "formail", then create a variable
called "F=formail", then you can write recipes like:

I don't like typing the "Resent-To:" header all the time (and as I've
already said, you probably want to add Resent-Date: and Errors-To:
headers as well).  Probably with a little bit of work, something like
   RESEND=formail -b -i"Resent-Date: $DATE" -iResent-To:
   :0
   * ...
   |$RESEND xxx
could be made to do the job.

   Dan
--------------------- message is author's opinion only --------------------
J. Daniel Smith <DanS(_at_)bristol(_dot_)com>
http://www.bristol.com/~dan
Bristol Technology Inc.                     +1 203 438 6969, 438-5013 (FAX)
Ridgefield, Connecticut (USA)
{info,jobs}(_at_)bristol(_dot_)com
                                 --------
Von guten Maechten wunderbar geborgen, erwarten wir getrost, was
kommen mag.  Gott ist mit uns am Abend und am Morgen, und ganz gewiss
an jedem neuen Tag.  - Dietrich Bonhoeffer