Re: procmail sendmail under NT?

1995-12-22 12:53:11
robert(_at_)steffi(_dot_)accessone(_dot_)com
<robert(_at_)steffi(_dot_)accessone(_dot_)com> wrote:
How difficult would they be to port?

Not too difficult, I guess.  NT has a POSIX compliant environment?
The standard make process might not work, because I believe it's only
POSIX.2 compliant?  (libc level).

But if I understand correctly, the POSIX features are such that when
you use them, you cannot use any of the other features of the operating
system.  So to do a real port, it would really need to use native NT calls
rather than POSIX calls.

I suspect that it would be a fair amount of work to correctly port
procmail to NT.  To give you an example, I've seen an ad by a company
selling a port of sendmail to NT.  I would think porting procmail (and
SmartList) to NT is a good commercial opportunity for someone (Stephen?).

Richard Coleman
coleman(_at_)math(_dot_)gatech(_dot_)edu