problem with gnus delivery..

1996-01-02 11:47:45
For some reason gnus does not like delivering messages that contain
nulls at the end of the file. More specifically procmail's log entries
are sometimes like...

From rorke(_dot_)haining(_at_)attws(_dot_)com  Tue Jan  2 09:18:54 1996
 Subject: Re: XXXXXXX
  Folder:  echo "$DATE" "$FROM" "$SUBJECT" >/dev/console                   1491
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@From rorke(_dot_)haining(_at_)attws(_dot_)com  Tue Jan  2
09:18:54 1996
  Folder: maildb.pl