Re: Procmail Redistribution Agent Help

1996-01-15 01:15:52

On Sun, 14 Jan 1996, Craig A. Hairrell wrote:

My company does not yet have dedicated Internet connectivity.  Until we do,
several individuals have established personal accounts with an ISP whose
domain is, let's say, isp.com.  Therefore, we all have mailboxes maintained
by the ISP with addresses like jdoe(_at_)isp(_dot_)com,
bdoe(_at_)isp(_dot_)com, cdoe(_at_)isp(_dot_)com,
etc....

By "mailboxes", am I assuming correctly that you me e-mail "subaccounts"
to be the "personal accounts"?  In other words, each individual person
has their own login userid and password?  If yes, then the following
*should* work:  (Gosh...Stephen or someone tell me if I'm wrong :-)

-----------------------
:0
* ^TOadoe(_at_)mycompany(_dot_)com
! adoe(_at_)isp(_dot_)com

:0
* ^TObdoe(_at_)mycompany(_dot_)com
! bdoe(_at_)isp(_dot_)com

:0
* ^TOcdoe(_at_)mycompany(_dot_)com
! cdoe(_at_)isp(_dot_)com

:0
* ^TOjdoe(_at_)mycompany(_dot_)com
! jdoe(_at_)isp(_dot_)com

---------------------------

We have established a domain (e.g. mycompany.com) and would like to have
addresses like jdoe(_at_)mycompany(_dot_)com rather than
jdoe(_at_)isp(_dot_)com; but the ISP
directs all mail addressed to mycompany.com to one mailbox.  They tell us
that it will be up to the person who receives all mail addressed to
mycompany.com to redistribute it to the appropriate mailbox at isp.com and
suggested using procmail.

Ciao,

Eric Hilding
eric(_at_)hilding(_dot_)com
eric(_at_)garlic(_dot_)com    "Not to worry...I gargled *before* mailing this!"