Re: 2 out of 38 messages in my infolder hit the bit-bucket

1996-01-19 14:50:02
Leif Erlingsson wondered,

| 2 out of 38 messages in my infolder hit the bit-bucket

| One was addressed to me personally, and should have ended up in the
| default mailfolder. The other should have ended up in one of my
| mailinglist-folders.

| My .procmailrc is very large, and I intend to trim it. But, can this
| cause problems when a mail-folder is being processed. Many many
| processes?
|
| What's going on?

Since we haven't seen your .procmailrc (and we probably won't need to),
the first suggestion is that you define a logfile and turn on verbose
logging.  That way procmail will tell you everything it thinks, and
you'll see exactly what is happening.

Then you'll probably be able to pinpoint the problem and figure out its
solution on your own.