Re: Sendmail 8.7.1

1996-01-23 19:32:38
On Tue, 23 Jan 1996, Jayme Cox wrote:

Hi All,
      I'm running Sendmail 8.7.1 and Procmail 3.11pre4 and everything
works just fine except when a local user tries to send me email. Testing
with mail and the -v (verbose) switch it get this error:

/home/jayme/.forward: line 1: forwarding to "|exec /usr/local/bin/procmail"
"|exec /usr/local/bin/procmail"... Connecting to prog...
setgroups: Not owner

Maybe Your procmail is not suid root? Maybe The Sendmail 8.7.1 is
configured NOT to run procmail as root - then procmail itself has to
be suid root. This is the recommended configuration, and
the way I was running my 8.7.1. (I'm now on 8.7.3.)

"|exec /usr/local/bin/procmail"... Sent

And the mail never arrives. However, if they send it from another
machine, it works just fine.

Any ideas?
                      --Jayme

--
Jayme Cox <jayme(_at_)navisoft(_dot_)com>

-- Leif Erlingsson, http://www.geocities.com/RodeoDrive/1998, +46 8 604 0995
                        Use the Internet Address Finder, http://www.iaf.net