Re: mail2news perl script

1996-01-25 14:53:30
From: max(_at_)texmicro(_dot_)com (Max Heffler)
Date: Thu  Jan 25,  2:41pm

A while ago someone posted a mail2news script in perl that I have been
using quite successfully for some time.  At home, I never got any error
messages.  At the office, procmail's log shows many article posting
rejections due to things like "more included text than new text".  Is
there any way to configure the INN version of inews to allow these
exceptions for the local newsgroups created from mailing lists?
TIA
--
Max Heffler, Supervisor - Telco Software Engineering
max(_at_)texmicro(_dot_)com

I personally get around this inews problem by using " > " as my include
prefix rather than the default "> ".  inews doesn't seem to recognize
" > " as included text.

--
Internet: dummy(_at_)c2(_dot_)org                   In real life: Robert Brown,
           >> Thank you for not breeding. <<           in sunny Berkeley, CA
               >> Fight the flat tax. <<               waiting for The Big One
                                                       (510) 464-4604