mail2news perl problem

1996-01-26 13:57:38
I get errors in my procmail log.  I am trying to set up a recipe to deal
with the errors, which come from the mail2news perl script posted.
The problem seems to be having the perl script return the error status.
If I manually execute "echo fish|/usr/local/news/inews", I get a return
status of 1.  If I use the following loop in my mail2news script:

-

while (<STDIN>) {
        s/^>/ >/;
        print INEWS;
}

close INEWS;

exit $?;

-

the :e recipe is not taken.  I am assuming that the mail2news script is
not returning the error status.  My recipe is:

-

:0
* ^Subject:.*xyzzy
| /usr/local/share/mail2news texmicro.test

:0 e:
/home/max/.procmail/errors

-
I get the errors in the log: