Re: Troubleshooting: .procmailrc not executed?

1996-01-29 10:23:25
On 26 Jan 96 at 15:37,  Philip Guenther <guenther(_at_)gac(_dot_)edu> wrote:

"Stefan Hansen" <hansens(_at_)tsagate(_dot_)com> writes:
    My company has several accounts setup for customer requests,
which are then automatically forwarded to one account. Thus, saving
time going through all the seperate accounts, but still showing the
original account the mail was addressed to. So far very simple.

How is this forwarding being done?  /etc/aliases?  It may be that you
just have the various account aliases in /etc/aliases to forward directly
into procmail, in which case it's whatever procmailrc specified on the
command line that will be used, as the .forward's won't even be seen.

I'll be damned. You are right. For some reason aliases were created
in the mail aliases file. I didn't put them there. When I edited them
out of the aliases file, it didn't work right away. But, after
rebuilding the  database it worked. Now it accepts my .procmailrc
scriptfiles again.

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

-Stefan