Re: How do I use the -m option?

1996-01-29 16:37:35
Dave Burchell <burchell(_at_)nncf(_dot_)unl(_dot_)edu> wrote:
This is a great idea to grab a copy of all locally delivered email.

On Thu, 25 Jan 1996, Philip Guenther wrote:
then creating an /etc/procmailrc containing simply

:0c
/var/log/mailuse/allmail

But, when I put this into place, I noticed I was not getting a copy of
mail to my users who were piping mail into procmail from their own
.forward files.  Does this mean that a /etc/procmailrc does not affect
those who pipe to a program in their .forward?  Or just those that pipe
to procmail?

It gets executed allright, but if it is run from the .forward file,
procmail will not have root privs, i.e. the permissions on
/var/log/mailuse/allmail probably do not permit any arbitrary user
to append messages.

This could be a FAQ.  Where can I get the FAQ list?

It's not a FAQ, you're the first one to ask it.
--
Sincerely,
srb(_at_)cuci(_dot_)nl