Re: Problem with Pipe

1996-01-29 16:45:03
Derrick Green <eusdegr(_at_)wser(_dot_)ericsson(_dot_)se> wrote:
On Mon, 29 Jan 1996, Philip Guenther wrote:
Can you include the approve script that calls procmail?  That's where
the problem is.

Yes, but I don't think that script calls procmail, it is simply called by

Philip is right, it is calling procmail.

my recipe.  I am assuming that this problem has something to do with
either my system configuration, or my system's procmail configuration.
This recipe setup will run on other systems.

The script is all right.  I rather suspect that either /bin/mail
or /usr/ucb/mail is a link to procmail.

That won't work if it is being used like this.  Make sure that you
call a genuine mail program to send the mail from within the approve
script.

              open(MAIL, "| /usr/ucb/mail -s \"\" $reply_to") ||

      open(MAIL, "|mail -s \"\" $post_to") || die("open(\"|mail ...\"): $!");

--
Sincerely,
srb(_at_)cuci(_dot_)nl