Re: Procmail -- sorting mail into different folders

1996-02-07 09:48:30
On Wed, 7 Feb 1996, Krishnan Ramaswamy wrote:

I do not get notification when new mail arrives in any of the 'other'
folders (i.e. other than the default system mailbox).

That's to be expected, since only your standard inbox is being polled for
new mail.  You can get around this by using an xbiff for each mailbox that
you have mail going into, or by using the multibiff product.

Also, I will
have to quit the mailtool for the 'additional' folders and reopen
the mailtool again to view the new mail. (The default system mailbox
works fine , as usual.)

Unless I'm mistaken, mailtool does not handle multiple inboxes.  You
might try switching to another mailer, such as Pine, VM or GNUS.  All
these mailers handle multiple inboxes.

---
Derrick Green
eusdegr(_at_)wser(_dot_)ericsson(_dot_)se
Richardson, Texas