Re: /var/mail/initial/logname if you aren't root

1996-02-10 18:51:47
David W. Tamkin <dattier(_at_)wwa(_dot_)com> wrote:
One system I use is moving its mailboxes from /var/mail/logname to
/var/mail/initial/logname: mine will be /var/mail/d/dattier instead of
/var/mail/dattier.

:0
* LOGNAME ?? ^^\/.
{ ORGMAIL=/var/mail/$MATCH/$LOGNAME
  DEFAULT=$ORGMAIL }

Is there a way I can recompile my non-root copy of procmail so that other
users can invoke it in their .forwards without having to add such a recipe
to their .procmailrcs?

Not without mucking with the source.  This is a planned feature, but
has not been implemented yet.
--
Sincerely,
srb(_at_)cuci(_dot_)nl