procmail does not deliver

1996-02-11 10:24:12
I installed procmail as my default delivery agent in sendmail.cf as the
man-page suggested to. I did this by replacing 'deliver' in sendmail.cf
with procmail (and, of course, replacing the path) and adding the -d
flag. Procmail does not deliver any mail, though - it just ends up in the
nirvana. When calling procmail directly, on the commandline, and feeding
a mail into it, it waits forever for the lock file. The .forward
mechanism doesn't work, either.

My main problem is that I can't seem to find documentation for sendmail
beside the man-page and that one really isn't helpful! I am running the
Slackware Distribution of Linux. I couldn't even find docs describing how
a '.forward' file should look like and the examples didn't work :-(

I think I can find out the problem myself if you just help me finding
proper docs. I'll buy a book if necessary but I hope there's another
solution (english books are terribly expensive down here in germany).

Ingo
---
mailto:dodger(_at_)post(_dot_)uni-bielefeld(_dot_)de
http://www.hrz.uni-bielefeld.de/~dodger/