funny things with ^TO and CC

1996-02-22 20:08:18
Hi,

I am trying to setup procmail to do some basic forwarding of mail.  I
have an account where all mail to the site goes to one account,
regardless of the user-id.

I am using procmail to filter and forward all mail at this account
depending on the user-id specified.  The problem is that if I specify
several addresses in the CC: line of the incoming mail message, procmail
only forwards it to the first one.

i.e.  if i send mail like:

$ elm me(_at_)my(_dot_)host
Subject: blah
Copies to:
user1(_at_)my(_dot_)host,user2(_at_)my(_dot_)host,user3(_at_)my(_dot_)host

then procmail checks the rc.users file, but only forwards the mail to
me(_at_)my(_dot_)host and user1(_at_)my(_dot_)host, even though user2 and user3
also have
entries in the file.  Know what I mean?

I'd just like to know how to get around this problem so that all
addresses in the CC: line are checked and processed properly.

cheers,
craig

PS - even if the CC: line has 5 copies of the same address, procmail
doesn't send 5 copies of the mail, it only sends one.