Dealing with sendmail bugs

1996-03-01 07:37:04

  I am in the situation described in the FAQ:

14. When sending mail to someone with procmail in his/her .forward I sometimes
   get back an error saying: "Cannot mail directly to programs."

  There are two solutions offered, the first (obviously) is to upgrade the
 version of sendmail.  Unfortunately, our rather shortsighted admin wont do
 this, the other alternative is to "make sure that your sendmail always
 forwards to a mailserver first".  How is this done?

  Regards,

| Biomedical Informatics Unit   | http://www.biu.icnet.uk/~alex            |

| London, WC2A 3PX.             | http://www.biu.icnet.uk/~alex/public.pgp |