Re: A recipe for handling a location move

1996-03-07 13:43:57
Matt Anderson <manderso(_at_)seidata(_dot_)com> writes:
# Drop stupid messages
:2
^From:(_dot_)*news(_at_)cnam(_dot_)fr
^Subject:.*Message from Swatch
/dev/null

I have a very stupid question.  What does :0 :1 :2 :1c and things like
that do?  I always use :0.  Also what does the c for continue processing
actually do?

The number after the colon specifies how many conditions the recipe has
(and thus how many lines procmail needs to treat as regexps before it
expects an action line).  If the number is 0 however, then procmail
instead treats as a condition the lines whose first non-whitespace
character is a '*'.  Once it hits a lines without the leading '*', it
knows it's found the action line.

The 'c' tells procmail that even if this recipe matches, it isn't
done.  Instead, it should keep going through the procmailrc on success
(as well as failure).

Philip Guenther