Re: send file [size] recipe wanted

1996-03-22 08:16:27
[much snipped]

Ah...  Well, that's the hard part...  Here's what I really want...

If a msg. comes in (any body or none), and the subject BEGINS "send ", I
want it to parse out the rest as in this example:

send uuencode sat-am.zip 1000

Word 2, 'uuencode', is the format I need to parse out in some way...  (Only

It's undoubtedly not the best or fastest way to do this, but
if you have SOME_STRING and want, say, the second word from it:
        WORD2=`echo $SOME_STRING | awk '{print $2}' -`
ought to do the trick.

If there are newlines in SOME_STRING it's a little tricker,
but doable.

Cheers,
Stan Ryckman (stanr(_at_)tiac(_dot_)net)
    (an awk fan)