Re: send file [size] recipe wanted

1996-03-26 21:07:48
aep(_at_)airmail(_dot_)net (Ray Steele) writes:
I am very new to procmail and I need recipes to simply forward email from
one address to another. I am starting a Club and the members want to have
mail sent to one site and then forwarded to their real email account. I have

I take it that you just want _all_ the email to a given address
forwarded to another address.  If my reading is correct, then this
sounds like a job for a normal system alias, like those in /etc/aliases
on most systems.  At your site, you put the following in /etc/aliases:

the-name-they-want:
real-address-for-the-club(_at_)another(_dot_)site(_dot_)with(_dot_)a(_dot_)long(_dot_)name

You'll want to stick in the correct addresses of course.

On the other hand, if the address to be advertised is that of an
account on your system, then a .forward file should work.  Check out
the "aliases" manpage.  It should cover both system aliases and
.forward files.  You really only need procmail when what you want to
do varies message to message (i.e., some messages get forwarded to
this address, other messages go to that address, still others go to
such-and-such file), or if you want to do local processing of the
messages (add or remove headers, tag on a standard disclaimer at the
bottom, whatever).

Philip Guenther