Re: lowercase problem?

1996-03-29 03:35:09
Given pattern:
* ^Subject: .*ATLANTIS.*ZEITUNG.*
the line:
would not match if the character after the colon (:) was a tab.
There's no reason not to write the pattern as:

I did that, but still this one message will not be processed. I am at
loss, since again other messages have been processed. Looking at my
log file though, their header was always "ATLANTIS ZEITUNG" and not
"atlantis zeitung" as in this problematic mail.

Another thought: my version is procmail v2.91 1993/07/02 - perhaps it
is a bug? perhaps "case independent" means that the lower case rules
get translated to upppercase for a match - but if the target is
lowercase and the rule uppercase, there will never be a match?

Enough speculations... I still need some help.

Alex.
--
Grobbl. Noggl ARGH! ARGH! Gabbl. Nagga Frk'Tkl Kpfzt.
alex(_at_)zool(_dot_)unizh(_dot_)ch(_dot_)