Taking a file and saving it uniquely

1996-03-29 12:26:25
Hi,

I'm a list-manager for a few majordomo lists and I want to be able to make
a backup of the subscriber files remotely. I already have a script setup
that cron will run once a week.

This handles the retrieval of the subscriber's file. Now I need to handle
the storage of it automatically.

What I want to do is store a copy of the file based on the week (or date)
it was retrieved. I want to hold this current week's and last week's (thus
giving me two unique copies).

The subject line is   Majordomo results  listname
Where listname is unique

If anybody could help me come up with a script that will take this, save
it with a filename that contains the date (received, sent, whatever...as
long as it's unique) and the listname (I'm handling a few lists here,
needs to be unique).

Once it has two copies and receives a third, it would then delete the
oldest copy and store the latest and maintain the middle one, making it
the oldest.

Thanks,

 | Brock Rozen | brozen(_at_)netvoyage(_dot_)net |
http://www.netvoyage.net/~brozen |
 | Check out my Auto-Reply System -- Send me mail with subject SEND HELP |