Re: lock failures

1996-04-01 13:00:42
larryr(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com (Lawrence B. Renslow) writes:
These lock failures--always same archive--cause the messages to go to my
mailbox instead of getting filed where I want 'em.  What's the solution?

procmail: Lock failure on "/ftp/pub/n6/n6sle/ham/nosfolk.96-03.lock"
procmail: Lock failure on "/ftp/pub/n6/n6sle/ham/nosfolk.96-03.lock"
procmail: Lock failure on "/ftp/pub/n6/n6sle/ham/nosfolk.96-03.lock"

Well, you could always make it so that procmail can perform the
locking.  Do you not have permission to write to the
"/ftp/pub/n6/n6sle/ham" directory?  If that's the problem (and is
unlikely to change), then you could use a different lockfile.  I'm
guessing that the locking is just to keep procmail from bumping into
itself (you don't read the mail out of this file, no?), you could use
anything for the lockfile, as long as you can write to it.  That is,
do something like:

        :0: $HOME/Mail/ftp-archive.lock
        /ftp/pub/n6/n6sle/ham/nosfolk.$MYDATE

Philip Guenther