Re: lock failures

1996-04-01 19:38:12
From: hal(_at_)dtor(_dot_)com (Hal Wine)
Netcom no longer appears to keep the ftp server mounted from (all?)
the mail servers consistantly.  I have a mailbot that serves files
from my ftp area, and I get random failures in ability to access them.
I haven't traced the problem to a given mail server, I'm just going to
move the files....

Oh, so *this* is what's been going on!  Those errors have been driving
me crazy.  I wonder if a soft link to somewhere else will trick the mail
servers?  No, I guess it wouldn't.  Damn.  I don't want to move the
files I have procmail-accessible out of ftp.