Re: procmail taking a long time to process, help!

1996-04-01 20:31:57
Thanks for both of your responses. Guess I should have provided a bit
more information.

I am running SunOS 4.1.4 on a Sparc 20. Running sendmail 8.7.1, procmail 3.10,
mh 6.8.3, and exmh 1.6.6. My /dev/null premissions are -rw-rw-rw.
I am running sendmail with -bd -q1h options. I am running procmail through
the use of a .forward file. My .forward looks like this:

"|IFS=' ' &&  p=/usr/local/bin/procmail && test -f $p && exec $p - -f- || exit
75 #minter"

All mail, no matter whether it has a .procmailrc match, takes a long time to
get past procmail if the message is larger than about 5K. There is no
/etc/procmail file.

I don't know what you mean by "Is the local mailer marked as expensive?"

Thanks again for any help!

-Michael