Re: procmail taking a long time to process, help!

1996-04-02 11:32:53
I am running SunOS 4.1.4 on a Sparc 20. Running sendmail 8.7.1, procmail 3.10,
mh 6.8.3, and exmh 1.6.6. My /dev/null premissions are -rw-rw-rw.
I am running sendmail with -bd -q1h options. I am running procmail through
the use of a .forward file. My .forward looks like this:

I don't know how much this matters but on our Sparc 10 (SunOS 4.1.4) machine
/dev/null permissions are:

crw-rw-rw-  1 root     staff      3,   2 Apr  2 12:54 /dev/null

Meaning a character special file. I'd have to dig in some UNIX books to
remember what a character special file is. Try removing and remaking the
device, there should be an entry in /dev/MAKEDEV for it or something
*like* "mknod /dev/null c 3 2". But beware, the numbers device numbers may
be different.

Mark Bynum
bynum(_at_)cs(_dot_)fsu(_dot_)edu