Re: lock failures

1996-04-01 18:54:04
At 00:42 96-04-01, Lawrence B. Renslow wrote:

These lock failures--always same archive--cause the messages to go to my
mailbox instead of getting filed where I want 'em.  What's the solution?

procmail: Lock failure on "/ftp/pub/n6/n6sle/ham/nosfolk.96-03.lock"

--
Larry Renslow
larryr(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com

The solution, IMO, is to move the files out of your FTP space.
(Assuming you do have write permission to the directory, as Philip
pointed out.)

Netcom no longer appears to keep the ftp server mounted from (all?) the
mail servers consistantly.  I have a mailbot that serves files from my
ftp area, and I get random failures in ability to access them.  I
haven't traced the problem to a given mail server, I'm just going to
move the files....

--Hal
Hal Wine <hal(_at_)dtor(_dot_)com>     voice: 510/482-0597