Re: Another question about recipes

1996-04-12 10:29:27
John Black <jblack(_at_)runningman(_dot_)com> writes:
If I have two ISP accounts, can I have procmail forward all mail addressed
to <sales(_at_)domain(_dot_)com> to two different ISP accounts?

Would the "forward" portion of <.procmailrc> look like this:

    :0
    *^TO.*sales
    ! userone(_at_)ispone(_dot_)com
    ! usertwo(_at_)isptwo(_dot_)com

a) The "^TO" macro should not be followed by ".*".  Just say "^TOsales"
b) The '!' action takes a list of address

:0
* ^TOsales
! userone(_at_)ispone(_dot_)com usertwo(_at_)isptwo(_dot_)com

Is this all I need to do?

Once fixed, yes.

If so, then I could use this to run a small mailing list?

:0
* ^TOlist
! `cat list-o-addresses`

However, you're probably better off at some point using 'real' list
software like Smartlist, majordomo, etc.  They can provide remote
subscription/unsubscription, archival, etc.  The above recipe also
fails to munge the headers in the proper fashion, but I don't feel
like digging up the correct formail call.  There's someone on this
list (whose name escapes me, sigh) who uses something like this to
run a good sized list.  Perhaps he will chime in on this?

Philip Guenther