Re: Procmail & unsolicited(unwanted) email

1996-05-26 14:25:08
On Sun, 26 May 1996 08:10:34 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

Some of these e-mail spammers may create their lists from archives
of news postings, so it may help to stop archiving of your Usenet
articles.

You put a line

in the header of a news article to prevent archiving.

Also Dejanews at http://www.dejanews.com will take your articles out
of their archives on request.  This is an archive that holds on to
postings for a long time.

Your suggestions make a lot of sense to me.  I have heard, and been
told, that these people can (and do) get email addresses in this
fashion.  I will try these options, and see what happens.  It seems
simpler, and less of a drastic plan than the one I was originally
considering.

Thanks for your post.

Debra Walker

--
Debra Walker         debraw(_at_)wwa(_dot_)com (preferred)
dwalker433(_at_)aol(_dot_)com