Re: I need procmail to "bounce" a message to the sender

1996-05-28 01:34:10
    Philip> Rather than sending a message back, I would suggest
    Philip> actually bouncing it by returning an error code to
    Philip> sendmail.  This will cause DSNs and stuff like that
    Philip> to work properly, and many programs recognize
    Philip> sendmail's bounce messages so they can specially
    Philip> handle them.

Hi,

I run procmail as a cron job every minute because the machine
which receives my mail does not have Perl installed, but I can
access the spool from another machine which does have Perl.

Is there any way I can get sendmail to return an error code or do
I have to send a message back?

Sacha

Alexander V. (Sacha) Sardo Infirri       Tel/Fax:+81-75-753-7214/7272
RIMS, Kyoto University, Kitashirakawa, Sakyou-ku, Kyoto 606-01, Japan.
http://www.kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~sacha/ or finger for PGP Key
Key fingerprint = 79 17 C1 CC 39 72 FB F6  F4 28 B8 FE A2 26 A1 8B