Re: I need procmail to "bounce" a message to the sender

1996-05-28 20:45:17
Sacha Sardo Infirri <sacha(_at_)kurims(_dot_)kyoto-u(_dot_)ac(_dot_)jp> writes:
I can ftp to the mail delivery machine (and hence change
.forward), but I when I try to login I get logged out immediately.
I suppose that means I don't have a Unix shell there to run
procmail in, which is why the .forward mechanism doesn't work.
Is this correct?  Is there anyway around this?  (In my naive
thinking, sendmail must be running in some shell, so can't that be
made to run procmail somehow?).

This is definately something to talk to your site's sysadmin about, as
the answer may depend on the local policy.  If they're using smrsh (the
sendmail restricted shell) for instance then they must explicitly set
it up to allow procmail (by placing a copy of or a link to procmail in
a particular directory).  Talking to your local admin is by far the best
way to find what incantation is necessary to make procmail work from your
.forward.

Philip Guenther