Re: I have to say "sorry" !!!!!

1996-06-03 00:49:52
Tried to answer to Marco, but naturally (?) it bounced back to me on both
addresses...

On Thu, 30 May 1996, Marco Jakobs wrote:
:0
* ^To: mj
! MAJ(_at_)leverkusen(_dot_)netsurf(_dot_)de

But i DO NOT understand why the lines above do not catch the mail from the
mailing-list. (Perhaps there is no
"mj(_at_)cycos(_dot_)com" in the "TO:"-header...???

Does anyone know the solution of the problem?

Try one of the following:

* ^To:.*mj

or

* ^TOmj
to match on mj.

This would filter all mail being sent to mj (and only mj, not
mj(_at_)cycos(_dot_)com
...), in other words, only local mail sent on cycos.com by a "stupid" mailer
(which doesn't append a default domain).

And it wouldn't help with the procmail mailing list at all as this list is
sent to procmail(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de, and NOT to "your"
user name.

Personally I use one of the "machine-generated" headers to sort all
procmail-postings into an MH-folder as follows:

:0 w: procmail/$LOCKEXT
*
^Resent-from:(_dot_)*procmail(_at_)Informatik(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE(_dot_)*
| rcvstore +procmail

Didn't miss one message (yet).

--
There are two sides to every divorce: yours and the shithead's.

Michael
--
\   In the force if Yoda is so good, then construct a sentence right \\\
\\    order with words in the why can't he?                           \\