Re: Rejecting multiple names/subjects at once?

1996-06-08 09:20:16
On Thu, 6 Jun 1996, AIRWAVES MEDIA wrote:

I imagine this should be of interest to many procmail users.  It may
even be A faq, so if it has already been done, a pointer ito the
correct code is fine and appreicated...

I need a recipe that will allow me to keep a file of addresses and/or
subjects that I want sent to /dev/null before I even see them.

I want to be able to add to, remove from this list easily by editing a
text file.

This is what I use to eliminate garbage from the known bozos.

        DELIVERED=yes      # tell sendmail to go away
#Set values
        FROM=`$FORMAIL -zrx To:| sed -e 's/@netcom[0-9.]*.*//'`
        BOZOS=$PMDIR/.nobozo # No ack wanted

        :0 # if we are here, remove from ack recipients
#If the twit resides in directory $BOZOS - act on this mail
        * ? test -f $BOZOS/$FROM
        | $FORMAIL -r; cat $PMDIR/bozo | $SENDMAIL -oi -t

}

.nobozo is  a directory containing 0 byte files, and the names of the
files are the addresses of people I don't want to hear from.

Format looks like so:

----------  1 wotan    users0          0 May 13 21:03 anon(_at_)anon(_dot_)com
-rw-------  1 wotan    users0          0 Apr 24 19:42
bobhenry(_at_)cymedia(_dot_)com
----------  1 wotan    users0          0 May 14 12:02
brunner(_at_)Think(_dot_)COM
----------  1 wotan    users0          0 May 16 19:31
cobragt(_at_)ix(_dot_)netcom(_dot_)com
-rw-------  1 wotan    users0          0 May  8 01:11
dgbryce(_at_)user(_dot_)rose(_dot_)com
----------  1 wotan    users0          0 Apr 24 21:52
director(_at_)djsa(_dot_)com
----------  1 wotan    users0          0 May  9 09:59
elcobar(_at_)ix(_dot_)netcom(_dot_)com
--w-------  1 wotan    users0          0 May 15 09:06
jlnelson(_at_)mole(_dot_)uvm(_dot_)edu
----------  1 wotan    users0          0 May 15 01:22
ksaves(_at_)prairienet(_dot_)org
-rw-------  1 wotan    users0          0 Apr 25 19:32
ryanshap(_at_)ix(_dot_)netcom(_dot_)com
----------  1 wotan    users0          0 May 12 01:10 stefanm(_at_)rpi(_dot_)edu
----------  1 wotan    users0          0 Apr 25 20:45
webtext(_at_)djsa(_dot_)com

I create them with either touch (if I read about them before they mail
me) or by simply using mv to move them from my .acks directory.

--
Hackers do it with fewer instructions.