Lock settings for Linux 2.0 and NFS

1996-06-13 15:21:14
Can anyone suggest what type of locking to use with Linux 2.0,
ideally supporting both local and NFS mounted spools?  We've
tried different sets of options, and users seem to always report
(infrequent) spool corruption.

I'm also somewhat at a loss trying to understand the NFS atime hack.

#define NO_NFS_ATIME_HACK       /* uncomment if you're definitely not using
                                   NFS mounted filesystems and can't afford
        procmail to sleep for 1 sec. before writing a mailbox */

It seems that we definitely can't afford the sleep (we get FFrom
problems) but we *do* want to be able to use NFS.

Is there a solution that works for all these cases?

Thanks,
Marc