Newbie advise, please

1996-06-14 04:50:22

I have been following the procmail list on-and-off for the last year and
a half, and have had intentions to start using procmail as my main
mail-filter.

From time to time, I come to get an hour or so 'spare' time, and start
reading the procmail man pages again, and writing a very simple
.procmailrc file.

But, everytime I enable the .forward file to get all mail through
procmail, I seem to be missing lots of emails. I get positive proofs by
talking to others sending me e-mails, and I see traces of the e-mail from
the syslog sendmail logs. But, I can't find these e-mails anywhere! Where
do they go?

I usually end up turning off the .forward file, with good intentions to
sit down and figure out what went wrong....but I never get around to
finish it up.

I use 3.11-pre4, and IDA sendmail 5.65 on an RS6000 with AIX3.2.5.

I have the VERBOSE=on in the ~/.procmailrc file, but the logs are empty
for the missing e-mails!

Does anyone have a clue or hint as to where I should start looking?

Rune Mossige, Systems Support           Tel : +47 515 98 922
Western Geophysical, Stavanger, Norway  Fax : +47 515 98 999
Rune(_dot_)Mossige(_at_)norway(_dot_)waii(_dot_)com             Priv: +47 514
24 771
                                      Mobile: +47 908 71 024