Re: Extended Headers with Procmail

1996-06-13 15:03:23
On Tue, 11 Jun 1996, D. Emilio Grimaldo T. wrote:

Hi *,
    Well me like most (if not all) of you use power things like Unix :)
    and there we run procmail to filter etc. Many of us have recipes
    that make use of Extended Headers such as X-To, X-MailList etc etc.

    The problem I see, is that people with crippled software such as
    DOS, Windoze etc don't seem to have mail clients that are powerful
    enough. In my office for example few of us are using Unix, the
    rest are using Windows '95 with Eudora.

    I have created some mailing lists to make our information flow
    more efficient, these use the extended headers (sorry I am not
    sysadmin so I can't install SmartList and our Sys Admin will
    be VERY unwilling to do so). The problem here is that although
    Eudora seems to allow you to define extended headers in your
    eudora.ini file these seem to become 'hard-coded' in your email,
    so if you want to send a message to another list you have to
    select or edit the eudora.ini file to edit the extended header.
    This is well, very inefficient and defeats the purpose, I just
    wish there was some more flexible mail client for such people.
    Anybody has managed to solve this?

Have you looked into Pegasus?

It allows several features like this.  Their is also PC Pine and a
Windows version of elm.

One of thee might be what you are looking for.