Re: Extended Headers with Procmail

1996-06-11 08:28:25
At 04:14 96-06-11, D. Emilio Grimaldo T. wrote:

   I have created some mailing lists to make our information flow
   more efficient, these use the extended headers (sorry I am not
   sysadmin so I can't install SmartList and our Sys Admin will
   be VERY unwilling to do so).

Step 1: Install SmartList (you do not have to be root to do so)

The problem here is that although
   Eudora seems to allow you to define extended headers in your
   eudora.ini file these seem to become 'hard-coded' in your email,
   so if you want to send a message to another list you have to
   select or edit the eudora.ini file to edit the extended header.
   This is well, very inefficient and defeats the purpose, I just
   wish there was some more flexible mail client for such people.
   Anybody has managed to solve this?

Step 2: Install the modifications to SmartList that allow X-Commands to
be read from either the subject or the body of the message.

Q.E.D.  (that is -- I've done the above and it works for me)

--Hal
Hal Wine <hal(_at_)dtor(_dot_)com>     voice: 510/482-0597