newbie question...

1996-06-27 18:58:17

Okay... this isn't really a "decent" question but I'm in a bit
of a jam. What I need to accomplish is a sorting through a bunch
of mail log files and archiving anything that is more than
N days (or weeks) old. Now I assume I can do the following:

1. Have formail pull the boxes apart
2. Let procmail sort out the messages choosing which side they
   fall on and piping them to the appropriate subdirectory/filename.

The only issue I have is not understanding the regular expression
that would be required to pull off the date comparison.

any suggestions?

-d

David Fickes                                       david(_at_)advice(_dot_)com
ADVICE Marketing                                phone: 415/321-2198
366 Cambridge Avenue                              fax: 415/321-2199
Palo Alto, CA 94306