Re: question about VT100 and procmail

1996-06-28 11:00:55
Bill(_dot_)Costa(_at_)UNH(_dot_)EDU <Bill(_dot_)Costa(_at_)UNH(_dot_)EDU> wrote:
   Gumbie (<gumbie(_at_)sunspot(_dot_)tiac(_dot_)net>) recently wrote (in
part):
  My problem is how to i do a match for ESC sequeces in the Subject:,
and body of email, Mainly the VT100 screen test sequence (it's the most
anoying)

   Sorry I can't tell you *how* to filter out this junk, but *what* you
   want to filter out is just the ESCAPE character (DEC 27, HEX 1B) which
   will render the remaining characters (]something) into just a little

Use a recipe like:

        :0 HB f
        | your_favourite_control-character_filter

Note the tab and the space in there.

Alternately, you can use an *in*clusive class.  Simply type the characters
you don't want to see, procmail can handle any 8-bit character in
the .procmailrc file or regular expressions (except the null character).
--
Sincerely,
srb(_at_)cuci(_dot_)nl

A sign seen in a jewelry store window: "Ears pierced while you wait"