Re: Multiple domains ... again

1996-07-12 03:34:24
At 13:25 96-07-11, Dan T. wrote:

I looked back through the archives and found references to people setting
up multiple domains.  The sendmail side I already have setup, but I'm
having a few problems on the procmail side.

Then you've probably also seen message about why it can't be done in your case.

I added the "Received" part because the "^TO" didn't seem to catch messages
coming in from mailing lists.

That's right, and the only way to solve this is if you fix your
sendmail.cf to add something like an X-Envelope-To: header.  That,
combined with the mailer flag will do it.

The problem is that when I mail to
"dragon(_at_)foo(_dot_)com,someone(_at_)foo(_dot_)com" only
"dragon" gets the message.  The first part of Ramstad's message indicates
omitting F=m in the sendmail.cf, that didn't seem to help me.

It won't, until you add an X-Envelope-To: header.  Otherwise, you can't
disambiguate between the mail for dragon and the mail for someone.  If
you want a real headache, send mail Bcc: (instead of To:) both parties
-- no one will get it :-)

I have come up with a partial fix, but now they are receiving multiple
copies, and I'm sure there are holes in it.