Re: Help with Harassment

1996-07-12 05:21:40
On Fri, 12 Jul 1996 03:46:40 -0700, White Lotus <terry(_at_)eskimo(_dot_)com>
wrote:
If you want to search the header, it will do it by default:
* somekeyword
So, if I want to search everything - the cc line, the to line, etc. for a
certain keyword, I would put as follows, then put it into my /dev/null then
I would do this:

* somekeyword
/dev/null

You lack a :0

:0
* elision
/dev/null

I recommend putting the mail into a junk folder rather than discarding
it in case it matches other mail too.
Id rather think of a password which my friends could put in the subject line
to use to make sure their e-mail gets through and put into a certain folder.

:0
* ! ^Subject: .*secretpasswordformyfriends
/dev/null

If I wanted to be clever then I could get people's e-mail to bounce back to
them. I have followed EXACTLY how it shows on page 1 and the top of page 2
for procmailex and it will load the unwanted mail into the correct folder
but it just will not bounce the stupid thing back. I have tested it with my

I think it's enough to fiddle with EXITCODE, but not sure. Anyhow, as
you state yourself, bounces are probably not a good idea in this
particular case. (On the other hand, friends of yours who don't know
the secret password can never get through, and will believe you have
received their mail!)

/* era */

--
See <http://www.ling.helsinki.fi/~reriksso/> for mantra, disclaimer, etc.
* If you enjoy getting spam, I'd appreciate it if you'd register yourself