Re: Help with Harassment

1996-07-12 13:08:20
On Fri, 12 Jul 1996, J Russell Jones wrote:

I use:

FROMZ="Brock Rozen's Spam Removal System <$COMSAT>"
SPAMLOG=$PMDIR/log.spams
SPAMCACHE=$PMDIR/cache.spams
SPAMMATCH=`perl5 -p -0377 -e 's:\n*$::;s:\n+:|:g;s:\.:\\.:g' $SPAMCACHE`

:0hc
  * $ ? test -s $SPAMCACHE
  * $ ^From:.*(${SPAMMATCH})
  | ($FORMAILZ -I 'From ' \
        -I"From: $FROMZ" -r \
        -A"X-Loop: $COMSAT" \
        -A"Precedence: junk" \
        -I"Subject: Stop Spamming Me!";\
    cat $PMDIR/text.spams) | $SENDMAIL -oi -t

  :0Ac
  * !? test -f $SPAMLOG
  | touch $SPAMLOG

  :0A:
      | ( $FORMAILZ -XFrom: -XDate: -XSubject: ; echo ) >> $SPAMLOG

Then I just list the addresses, one line per address in $SPAMCACHE

Or, if the system administrators of the source of the harassment aren't that
interested in fixing this problem, you could fight fire with fire, if you
choose. It would be a fairly simple matter to make procmail trap any message
from these persons, and automatically send it back to the sender, and to
root(_at_)that(_dot_)persons(_dot_)host and to
postmaster(_at_)that(_dot_)persons(_dot_)host, etc. You can also
do    finger @that.persons.host and get a bunch of email addresses for other
users on that system. Be sure to include a header explaining that you've done
all you can to get this harassment stopped, but their (the mail recipients
that
are just plain old users at the harrasser's site) administrators have chosen
not to deal with this problem. And with one copy, why not send seven hundred
of them to each person. Or increase the number of copies by a factor of 2
each time.

How would I modify my recipe to send mail to
postmaster(_at_)that(_dot_)persons(_dot_)site
as well as include a copy of their e-mail?

Thanks,

 | Brock Rozen | brozen(_at_)netvoyage(_dot_)net |
http://www.netvoyage.net/~brozen |