Re: Multiple commands on split

1996-07-29 10:19:01
David W. Tamkin <dattier(_at_)wwa(_dot_)com> wrote:
I suppose that (being a ksh kind of guy), I'd attack it in a fashion like
this:

   formail -XFrom: -s < folder | ( date ; while read victim ; \
       do Mail -s "You're in for it now" "$victim" < canned_text ; \
          echo "$victim" ; \
       done ; echo ) >> rogues_gallery

This generates a new mail for every victim.  It would be more efficient
to gather a list of victims first, then hand it off to the mailer en-bloc.
--
Sincerely,
srb(_at_)cuci(_dot_)nl

Father's Day Special at the local clinic -- Vasectomy!