Re: Locking and Solaris-2.5

1996-07-29 10:21:30
Karsten Thygesen <karthy(_at_)dannug(_dot_)dk> wrote:
I use procmail-3.11pre4 as replacement for /bin/mail for local mail

with mailboxes in /var/mail. There often is a /var/mail/user.lock but
it sits there for days - or until I kill lockd, removed the lock files
and restartes lockd.

Most of my users is using mailtool (Solaris-2.5) - this includes the

You just said all the magic words (our three main weapons are: lockd, Solaris,
mailtool and nice red uniforms).

I have procmail installed with dotlocking, fcntl(), lockf().
                                            ^^^^^^^^
Eliminate this one, and...

Does anybody know how to solve these problems? There must be many
similar installations, so...

have a peek at the FAQ that came with the procmail distribution.
--
Sincerely,
srb(_at_)cuci(_dot_)nl

Father's Day Special at the local clinic -- Vasectomy!